A jungle is an area of land in the tropics overgrown with dense vegetation.
Jungles are the world’s powerhouses, the most vital habitats on the planet. They only cover 6% of the Earth, but they contain more than half of its plant and animal species living in a complex web of relationships. Without jungles, the planet would grind to a halt.
They are found in CENTRAL AMERICA, THE AMAZON, AFRICA, SOUTHERN ASIA, AUSTRALASIA (Australia, New Zeeland).
South and Central America
Australasia and Oceania
Best Rainforests and Jungles
- Africa (10)
- Antarctica (0)
- Asia (8)
- Caribbean (1)
- Europe (2)
- Middle East (0)
- North & Central America (9)
- South America (11)
- South Pacific (12)
Top 10 Rainforests and Jungles.
- The DaintreeRainforests and Jungles in Queensland, Australia
- Ecuador’s Cloud Forests & their WildlifeRainforests and Jungles in Quito, Ecuador
- The Amazon RainforestRainforests and Jungles in Amazon-North, Brazil
- Alaska’s Back Country RainforestsRainforests and Jungles in Alaska, United States
- Sapo National ParkRainforests and Jungles in Monrovia, Liberia
- Monteverde ReserveRainforests and Jungles in Costa Rica
- Mt. Kinabalu National ParkRainforests and Jungles in Sabah, Malaysia
- Montecristo Cloud ForestRainforests and Jungles in San Miquel, El Salvador
- Sinharaja ForestRainforests and Jungles in Sabaragamuwa, Sri Lanka
- Chapada dos Veadeiros and Emas National ParksRainforests and Jungles in Mato Grosso Central, Brazil